Thursday 16 July 2020

Japanese Tea Garden, San Francisco

Japanese Tea Garden, San Francisco


Peaceful, that is the only way to describe the feeling of being in this Japanese Tea Garden of absolute beauty and wonder.  It is right across from the Museum Park where there are a lot of buses, cars and people, but in here you are transported into another place.

I will try not to talk too much in this article and let the pictures speak for themselves, because words are hard to come by to truly express the feeling of joy and serenity you feel when you are in the Tea Garden.

The Pagoda entrance is really nice, I want one.
Really I want one.  All entrances to homes or gardens should be like this.


It may look easy but it a very steep climb to the top of these stairs.

I cannot Stress enough on how beautiful this place is, I could walk around here for the whole day and be at peace.

All the walkways are peaceful, there are little fish ponds all over, and the place is clean, like almost spotless clean. 




I was just a bit curious, why do they throw coins into the pond? Yes I know it is for good luck, but I wonder what it does to the water and the fish!

Ok, I threw more than a few coins in, because this fish was following me the whole time.





This red pagoda in really an actuarial marvel.  It was so tall, we had to get the right angle for it and me to fit in the same picture



Everything here is beautiful even the grass is healthy and beautiful. However this is not grass, it is special type of moss that grows and covers most of the landscape giving it that green healthy fauna look. It is really amazing to see it. You are not allowed to walk on it for obvious reasons but, I had to touch it. It felt wet but not in a bad way.  I wish my lawn would look so beautiful.


I had a great time here but sadly we had to leave, so many things to see and so little time.  I am definitely coming back to this place of joy and serenity.  I would recommend that anyone going on vacation to San Francisco to check this Garden out, it is worth it. 

Click here to learn more about the Japanese Tea Garden: https://www.japaneseteagardensf.com/about


Travel Rating:9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment Below